Thursday, September 11, 2014

Spaghetti Squash/Ground Turkey Recipe

I am a HUGE fan of spaghetti squash and it is the start of the season! I cant get enough of the stuff and I love to come up with new recipes. Here is one that I literally threw together last night!

Ingredients:

One full size spaghetti squash or 2 small ones

1lb of ground turkey

one onion or 2 small ones chopped

2 carrots chopped

one tomato chopped

2 handfuls of spinach

feta cheese

garlic powder

pepper

little Italian seasoning

Here is what I did. For the spaghetti squash I tried something a little different and it worked great. Check out the link for what I did.
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/141933825731298070/

While the spaghetti squash was cooking, I browned the ground turkey along with the onion, garlic powder, pepper, Italian seasoning and carrots. At the end of cooking add the tomato and the spinach. Cook for about two minutes longer until the spinach has withered a little.  Once the spaghetti squash is cooled, scrap it out into a casserole dish. Then add in the ground turkey mixture and mix all together lightly. On top add the feta cheese and then put the casserole dish under the broiler for about 5 minutes. Serve and Enjoy! This one was really good, I will make it again that is for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment