Saturday, September 13, 2014

Lasagna Gnocchi Soup

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but where I live it was cold and rainy today. My kids are coming off of their first full week of school and asked for a lazy stay at home day. So that is what they did. I really didn't know what I wanted to make for dinner but I had taken ground sausage out of the freezer this morning to defrost. So here is what I came up with, I literally just threw stuff into the pot.


Ingredients:

1lb of ground sausage

1 onion

1 package of gnocchi

1 32oz can of diced tomatoes

1 8oz package of cream cheese

Pepper to taste

32oz of low sodium chicken stock

1tsp garlic powder


Start by cooking the ground sausage and the onion. Once those are cooked throw the chicken stock, pepper, garlic powder, diced tomatoes and cream cheese into the pot. Cook for about 5 minutes while the cream cheese slowly starts to melt down and thicken the sauce. Then add the gnocchi and continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes until it reaches the thickness that you prefer.

Serve and Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment