Thursday, October 2, 2014

Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe

This is my second time ever making acorn squash and I must say I am rather impressed. I really am so happy that I vowed along my fitness journey to try something new every couple of weeks. I have found so many things that I now like and so many different variations to make the foods in.

Ingredients:

*1 acorn squash cut long ways (seeded)
*1 medium onion chopped
*1/2lb ground sausage (you could use ground turkey or chicken)
*garlic powder
*black pepper
*butter
*2 slices of provolone cheese

*I kinda just eye balled everyone that is why there is no exact measurements.

What to do:

*Preheat your oven to 350 degrees

*take cut acorn squash and place cut side down on a casserole dish. Put a slice of butter on the top of each and place in the oven. Cook roughly 45-60 minutes or until it is pretty much cooked.

*while that is cooking cook the ground sausage and onions. Also add the garlic powder and black pepper.

*Once both are cooked take a scoop of the sausage mixture and fill each of the acorn squashes. Then top with the provolone cheese and put it back into the oven until the cheese is melted.

*Super simple and the sausage mixture can be prepped ahead when you do all the rest of your weekly meal prep.*

Go pick up some acorn squash this weekend and give this one a try!

Enjoy!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment