Monday, October 6, 2014

Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Recipe

So I had never tried butternut squash so I thought this recipe would be a good starting point.

I also should add that I fooled my children into believing that it was mac n cheese WIN WIN

Ingredients:

*1 butternut squash cut in half
*2 tbsp. olive oil
*black pepper to taste
*one box of your favorite pasta
*2tbsp butter
*1tsp sage
*2tbsp flour
*1/4cup of milk I ended up using about a full cup
*2 cloves of garlic


*preheat oven to 400 degrees place the butternut squash on a lined or non stick cookie sheet cut side down. Add some olive oil and pepper to the top. Cook in the oven for about 40 minutes, then let cool for about 5 minutes before pureeing in a blender until smooth.

*white the butternut squash is cooking boil and cook your pasta. Drain well

*to make the sauce melt the butter in a saucepan. Add garlic and sage for about 3-4 minutes. Whisk in the flour until lightly brown and one minute. Gradually whisk in the milk and the butter nut squash puree. Cook and whisk constantly until thickened about 2-3 minutes. Stir in the pasta and gently toss together.

This is soooo good and I highly recommend trying it!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment